Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- your role and the name of your practice;
- the nature of any enquiry or request made of us;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- other personal information required to provide our services; and
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you submit information through our website;
- when you submit information through our products;
- in person or over the telephone;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect personal information through:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners; and
- third parties who supply services to us.
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will use personal information provided to us for the following purposes:
- establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- provide the products or services you have requested from us;
- process payments;
- provide access to secure services or areas;
- support your use of our products or services;
- personalise your visit to our website;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website;
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- improve our products and services; or
- answer any inquiry you make.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as our:
- service providers;
- marketing and promotional companies; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
We will disclose your personal information, for the purposes described above, to organisations in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom. We will also disclose personal information to organisations in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom for data conversion and disaster recovery purposes.
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- our related bodies corporate; and
- third parties who provide services to us or with whom we engage for joint marketing campaigns.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties;
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you; or
- events hosted by us which we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
How you can access your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or at the address detailed below.
You have the right to access and seek correction of the personal information we hold about you. At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you within 20 working days, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 2020 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving or correcting this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
In some circumstances, where lawful, we may not correct your personal information. If so, we will attach a statement of correction to the information noting that you have sought to correct it.
We will acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information and will respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
Henry Schein One New Zealand 219 Don Mckinnon Drive
Albany, Auckland, 0632, New Zealand
Last updated August 2021.